Monday 4 May 2009

Wireless Flash on Location

Two small flashguns, a brolly and a small grid can work wonders for almost any photo.
I tried this setup in a park in east London, UK, this weekend and am very pleased with the results from such a small and lightweight setup. Obviously, I brought much more gear than needed. But it could have been very lightweight, easily fitting into a LowePro backpack.
Helena in Victoria Park


Two Canon 580EX II, one Calumet 8 ft. stand, one Manfrotto 5001B Nano Stand, a Calumet 90cm silver/white umbrella and one HONL 1/8 Speed Grid was all it took. Well, and my beautiful wife to model off course.
Strobes and DSLR were on manual, triggered with Elinchrome EL-Skyport Universal receivers. And on my Canon 40D I had my trusty EF 70-200 f/4 IS and the EL-Skyport transceiver.
One Canon 580EX II on standard 45 degree angel left of camera shooting into the brolly and the other 580EX II through the Speed Grid from behind right.
Let me know what you think. I’m sold and will be using this setup a lot more going forward.
l8r

No comments: